I finished Mer's shirt this week. It is similar in style to the last one I made, but I have to admit using a pattern is way easier than figuring it out on my own. I'm glad I finally found one.
This was Simplicity Pattern #2270 It was supposed to be a dress but Mer wanted a shirt. She also picked the fabric, which I absolutely love.
Besides shortening it, I made a few other changes. It is supposed to have a zipper in the back, but I made it without one and it miraculously fits over her head.
Originally the sleeves stuck out more at the shoulders, so I tucked them in at the back about an inch and tacked them down. If I make this again I will change the sleeves so they are right from the beginning.
One more thing checked of my list. Yes!!
Speaking of checking things off my list... I also finished painting my new kitchen banquette this week. My parents came to town for a visit, and it was just the motivation I needed. I'll post pictures soon.