Spring Top Photoshoot

Made by Rae's SPRING TOP SEWALONG is just finishing up this week.  There is a lot of great inspiration over there if you are looking to sew something for yourself to wear.  Today I'm posting the top I made for our book headshot photoshoot. 


It was a little nerve racking to pose for a professional shoot.  I'm a pretty shy person, so it is a little embarrassing to even post these. But just look at my shirt okay? not me. :)  The top is self drafted for the most part. I altered the sleeve from the Shift Dress pattern to fit.  

I initially sewed this up as a muslin to see if it my idea would even work.  The neck was really gaping so to fix it I sewed a little channel in the neckline for a strip of elastic and I really like how it turned out.  
And listen to this crazy thing, when I washed my shirt after the photo shoot all those pretty little roses washed right off. Completely gone!  I can't remember where I got that fabric, clearly not high quality. Now I have just a plain gray top which is not quite as cute.

A big thank you to Nathaly Blalock who took such beautiful photos and made me look younger than I am, and to my SIL Liz who let me text her a dozen photos to figure out which necklace to buy. It worked out perfectly.

  Not sure which one of these I like best.

After I made this I realized that Rae made a pattern that is very similar to this but with no sleeves called the Ruby top.  I think I'll try it out next time, with a sleeve hack of course.
Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. I just had to comment on your fabric choice when I saw your top on Made by Rae. Unfortunately it sounds like you've already washed it. I made a Tiny Pocket Tee out of the same fabric (it was from Jo-Ann Fabrics) and the EXACT same thing happened to me. Sorry I didn't get to warn you in time!

    ReplyDelete