Mother's Day PJ's

My littlest man gave me fabric for Mother's Day.  He went with his dad and was very adamant that penguin fabric was what he wanted to give me.

When he gave it to me I asked him what I should make out of it. "Jammies for me!" he said.

There wasn't quite enough fabric for his requested shirt and shorts so I used another fabric for the shirt top and back. I also used KAM Snaps for the closure. I used the Everyday Camp Shirt Pattern from FishSticks Designs for the shirt.  I love that pattern!  It was super easy to follow and the fit is great! I sewed a size 5.

His big brother also got a couple of much need pajama shorts as well. For the shorts on both boys I used the Kickin' Back Sweats pattern from the Sewing for Boys books.   This pattern is very generous and I ended up using a size 4/5 for Jack (who usually wears a 7) and sizing it down a bit for Luke.

I made the second pair of short out of Camo fabric and I didn't realize that the print actually has a direction until after I sewed it up and had him try them on.  Can you see what I mean?

Oh well, he loves them just the same.  He decided he can where them as summer daytime pants as well.       I forget how easy these are to make.  Maybe I should sew up a few more Summer play clothes. These ones are already seeing a lot of action!


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment