Handmade Gifts Part 1



Hi There!! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas. We sure did, everyone is fat and happy over here and we are on day 2 of non-stop playing, Lego building, and movie watching.  

 Now I get to show you some of the surprises I made for Christmas.  These first couple of projects were made for a friend as a special order.  Her mom carries a fanny pack so she wanted to give her a pretty version of one. This is what I came up with.

Basically a zipper pouch with an adjustable strap. 



It can be worn as a purse or around your waist.  Just adjust and clip.

This one is a remake of my Pleated Penelope bag (tutorial here)

I also made a wedding veil dress up for my little niece.  I made poor Luke try it on and model. Which, now that I look at these sad pictures, I feel a little guilty about.  

To make it I used my serger and did a rolled hem around all of the edges.  Probably if I made one again I would round the corners instead of leaving them square to make it hang more evenly.

Then I folded over one side and made a little casing for the headband to slip through.

I threaded the headband through the casing and used a dot of hot glue to secure it to the inside of the headband.

Another little gift I made was a word spinner.  I saw these originally years ago on a homeschooling blog.  We made one when Jack was little and Luke has loved using it to spin and make words to read and write. They are just wooden blocks with a hole drilled through the center for a dowel and end caps to cover the dowel.


There are a couple more things to show but they are for my sis and she hasn't seen them yet.  I don't want to spoil the surprise.  My Christmas present was a pack of plane tickets to visit my family this January so I will be hand delivering my gifts a little late this year.

Now off to enjoy the last moments of Christmas before the organizing bug of January hits.








No comments:

Post a Comment