Gift Shop Travel Tissue Covers

 

Every year our elementary school has a Holiday gift shop for the kids to shop at.  They always ask for donations of items to sell.   This year I actually donated some handmade goodies. 
Travel tissue covers! 

Travel Tissue Covers are Easy to Sew!


 I made 26 of these babies and delivered them to school yesterday. They were so easy to sew up.  There are a lot of tutorials out there on how to make these.  I chose one from Melinda Quilts because it seemed least complicated. 

 I originally sewed one up using 1/4 in seam allowances and discovered it was a little too snug for the tissue pack.  So the rest I sewed up with a slightly smaller seam allowance.  It probably would have been better to cut the squares slightly bigger if I had it to do all over again.

Travel Tissue Covers are the perfect handmade gift 


More Easy Gifts to make


And now goodbye November... Hello December!!  We have the house all decorated for Christmas and I'm stitching up a few handmade gifts you can't see until January.   I have high hopes of getting my letters and packages mailed soon so I can make a Christmas wreath for my door.  Oh I wish I could sew a couple of Christmas pillows as well, but there never seems to be time for sewing Christmas decor in December.  Maybe I'll plan better next year.

Happy Sewing!




No comments:

Post a Comment