Three Handbags I've made.

Fall is here and we are finally starting to feel it here in Florida. Yahoo!!   This time of year I am always busy in my sewing corner because along with sewing for holidays and family and house needs, I also make things to sell in craft fairs and farmer's markets for people looking for unique, handmade holiday gifts.  I know it's a little crazy, but it's exciting and fun so I sew on.  Well, I mentioned that I've been making bags lately and I'm happy to finally be able to show you a few of them. 


This first one was fun to make because I was trying to imitate a dress I saw on a commercial that I watched over and over while watching Project Runway online one night.  It was a polka-dotted type dress where the polka-dots disappeared into the pleats at the waist. It wasn't exactly the same type of fabric and I couldn't quite get them to disappear all the way but I like the effect I achieved. 



Here's what it looks like on the inside... 1 large pocket, 2 small pockets.




The next one is a basic tote, made with some cute fabric a yet to be revealed secret sister gave me.  I love the swirls.




And the inside...



The last one is a slouchy Chambray colored bag that I dreamed up one day.  I used the same fabric as this skirt I made. 



It has elastic in the top and a simple rolled flower.



Here's what the inside of this one looks like...I used some fabric I found at Ikea for this one.



I have one more to show but no pictures up yet.  But I'd say that's good for now.

2 comments:

  1. cute bags very stylish my favorite is the second one come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love that slouchy bag! So cute. Please tell me how you did it the next time I see you ;).

    ReplyDelete