Is Last Minute Okay?

I've felt like I've been living in the twilight zone the last week and a half (5 days of fever and now I'm recovering from a sinus infection, ugh!).  I've been bummed that I haven't been able to sew much lately. I really wanted to sew a pillow for Stitched in Color's pillow party.

Blogger's Pillow Party
 
If there's anything my house really needs it's more pillows. I'm a slacker in the home decor department. I figure this pillow party is a good way to get a few more pillows into my house.  If you know me...I need a deadline to finish anything.  So today's the last day to link up and I cranked out a pillow so I could.  I copied creative Liz over at Made on Maple and made a Round of Applause pillow.


I've wanted one of these for a very long time, and it's not all Anna Maria Horner fabrics but I'm so glad I finally made one.



Please forgive the dark pictures.  Here's the back.



One tricky thing about this pillow is getting those darn circles turned under just right. 



And I thought for sure I was going to mess up figuring out what fabrics to use, but I think it worked out.   I love it!  It will live on my bed for a while until I reupholster my chair, and then that will be it's new home.

Oh, I almost forgot, my blog was featured on Boy, Oh, Boy, Oh Boy! today.  She found my Ben 10 Jacket I made for Jack a while ago.  Hop on over and check it out.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I really love this pillow! The fabric combinations are fantastic. I want one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love circles, they just catch my eye. I wanted to share with you a easy way to iron the edges of circles to be perfectly. I found it very helpful:
    http://annamariahorner.blogspot.com/2007/02/super-circles.html
    ~Edith

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so lovely, really eyecatching and must have taken some skill to sew those circles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this pillow! And how great that Boy, Oh, Boy, Oh Boy found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, LOVE this! So pretty! I love your fabric choices...wonderful pillow!

    ReplyDelete