A Quick Altered T-shirt

 While cruising Target on  Friday I stumbled upon a T-shirt on the Men's Clearance rack for $2.50.  I liked the colors and need some new lounge shirts so I bought it.  I have a favorite graphic tee from Old Navy that seriously needs to be retired, even from lounging (try to ignore the pit stains). I just love the fit so much, so I tried to reproduce it.

How??  I laid it on top of the new shirt and traced the side seams, chopped some length of the bottom, and cut off the sleeves at the seams.

 

I shortened the sleeves and narrowed the shoulders, and serged the whole thing back together. See how it turned out? It fits just like my other one. Love it!!
 I didn't fold up the bottom hem yet. I think I like it just with the serged edge.

 I'll for sure be doing this again. So let me know if you want me to take a picture of the process.  Best of all it took 30 min or less.  Yahoo!!

2 comments: