Fancy zipper pouch and Crayon Rolls

I got to sew a little last week but I didn't get much time to blog, so here are the few little things I made. The first is a little zipper pouch. It's about 5"x7". I made a bunch of zipper pouches for christmas gifts and they are so satisfying to sew because they are quick. This one was inspired by a pouch I saw on online at the Pleated Poppy. The sky's the limit on how creative you want to get with these. I first learned to make them using this tutorial, it's a great one with lots of pictures

I also made a couple of Crayon Rolls using this tutorial. She makes one using ric rac that is just so cute. I didn't have enough of it on hand to use for these but I definitely will be making more. Maybe for the next farmer's market.
We used the flame one on Sunday to take along in our church bag. It totally beats the ziploc full of crayons that I usually carry around. Plus it made coloring just that much more fun for the kids. I might make a bunch of these for birthday gifts..we'll see!!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, you just saved me a google search, as these are two projects that have been on my mind lately. Thanks so much!

    P.S. That little ruffle on the pouch is so cute!! Couldn't you also run that through your serger on both sides, rather than zig zag stitch it? Just curious if you had a reason to prefer the zig zag stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to be helpful. Yes I could have used the serger, I hadn't even thought of that. I need to spend some more time sewing with it. I only know how to make the normal stitch which would be too huge for a little edging like that. Help! I don't even know how to change stitches or what stitches I can shoot for. I've checked out a couple of books on general serging two different times now but always run out of time to pour over them. Any advice would be great. P.S. What did you end up doing for that first B-day shirt?

    ReplyDelete