Weekend WIPs

Hello friends! I thought it would be fun to check in with a little update of things here at Blue Susan headquarters.

My birthday was a couple of weeks ago and I took the opportunity to head on up to one of my favorite local fabric stores The Quilt Place and browse their amazing selection of quilting fabric. I was happy to find that they are now stocking most of the Cotton and Steel fabric lines. It is so fun to see all that beautiful fabric in real life and not just on Instagram. I came away with this small stack of fabric. treated myself to some new fabric to fill up my sewing closet of course.


 I'm currently reorganizing my sewing closet...again. I'm having a hard time remembering where I put everything so I thought it was time for a little reorganization. I'm finding that there are way more unfinished projects than I think I can handle. Here is the list of sewing projects that I found half done in my closet. There are a few more that I haven't added to the list, like my PLUS quilt.


I have a problem I think. I really just like to start projects. Finishing them is not really as fun as starting them. Actually I've been thinking and I don't think it's bad to just start projects and not finish them.  I like to sew and design for a creative outlet and to escape from everyday life from time to time. Just because I don't finish a project or never sew up the fabric that I buy it doesn't matter, it's the experience that I crave, not holding the finished item in my hand. So I made a list and if I get these projects finished, great!! If not, oh well. Does this make sense?


Anyhow, this little quilt is destined to become a wall hanging for my living room. I spent a bit of time on it on Mother's day treat to myself.  I have it all quilted and it just needs a binding. Yay!! Maybe that will be my treat to myself tomorrow.

Until next time, Happy Sewing!

5 comments:

  1. I am SO happy to hear that I am not the only one who starts and doesn't finish projects. I thought/think it's undiagnosed ADD. I feel exactly the same as you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good!! I'm glad you agree. I've decided sewing is an experience like going to a yoga class or art class. Who cares if you don't come away with something that is finished and you will have to keep forever. If I choose to spend $10 on a yard of fabric that I'll never do anything with besides look at, to me it's just the same as spending $10 on a yoga class or a sports class for my kid. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. I am SO happy to hear that I am not the only one who starts and doesn't finish projects. I thought/think it's undiagnosed ADD. I feel exactly the same as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like daughter like mother, LOL I am sure my list is longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I know your list is longer because you've had way more time to start projects than I have. :) xoxo love you Mom!

      Delete