Summer Sewing

Summer! I will miss lazy days of heading to the beach, visiting cousins, and no schedule. My kids go back to school this week. It's a little bittersweet for me. The "sweet" will definitely having a little more down time to sit and sew I hope. I thought I would show you some of the sewing I did this summer. I officially finished Thomas' blanket. 

I used some of a jellyroll of Cotton + Steel basics and loosely based this quilt off of one in the book Little Things To Sew by Oliver + S

I just love how it turned out. Maybe most though I love the backing where I improv pieced his name. 


I also tried out a little zig zag meandering stitching pattern.

He started growing out of his pjs and so I took an old sleeper apart and used it to make a pattern for a new one that's just a little bigger.  I used some jersey with spandex scraps that I had in my stash.  I LOVED the challenge of making this.   I missed a slightly crucial step though, I forgot to reinforce the snap and now there is a nice hole where it's supposed to be. live and learn! 

I've been running the Facebook page for the Just for You Sewlebrity Sewalong in my spare time. Have you joined us over there yet? Here are a couple of skirts I've made for it.
This one is the Night Circus Skirt. It's a 6 gore skirt that is soooooo comfortable.  I sewed it up in this woven dot fabric I picked up from the clearance rack at Joann a couple of years ago.
Next up is the Knit Faux wrap skirt. I sewed this in a Ponte de Roma that I bought from Girl Charlee.  You might recognize it, I used it for Meredith's dress mash up as well.

I've also been playing around with some new pattern designs. I made myself a little card wallet. Just a simple card holder with a little zipper pouch for coins. My sister is sewing some of these up for our Etsy Shop. I'll give you a heads up when they are listed.


And I made my sis a new handbag. I don't have a finished shot of it but I here's a little glimpse. It turned out really cute and I will be patterning it one day. For now you can enjoy a little taste of Anna Maria Horner's Folksong.


Okay that's all for now. Happy Sewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment