Sewing with "Wild & Free"

 I've received some lovely shipments of Art Gallery Fabric over the last couple of weeks and I'm super excited to share with you today some of the projects I sewed up with them. Maureen Cracknell has a new fabric line that she'll be debuting at Quilt Market next week. It's called Wild and Free.  She sent me a few of her precious strike offs to play with and sew up some handbags for her booth.

 The 2 prints on the right and left are actually knits.  Jersey with spandex knits. They are luscious!!
She also sent me a bunch of coordinating solids to use.

Want to see the bags I made?
For these first two I used the Beautiful Belle Handbag Pattern by Amy Butler. I decided to add a little color blocking.


For the 3rd one I used my Garden Tiles pattern minus the tiles of course. Each side is different.


I just love the side cinching on this bag. (I have a pattern in the works for this one).


I have a couple more little things I'm sewing up with the scraps that I'll show you soon. I had so much fun sewing these up, You should check out Maureen's blog to see all the other awesome things she's been sewing up with her fabric. Her thread sketching is amazing!! I can't wait to see how her booth turns out.






No comments:

Post a Comment