Meredith's Dress Mash Up

Mer has been dreaming up dresses lately. We decided that if we were going to get good at making dresses we like we better start practicing. She designs them and I sew them up.  Someday I hope she'll have a little more interest in sewing but for now it's fun to try to recreate her visions. 


This is just a "muslin".  It was our practice dress to make sure we got everything right before cutting into this pretty Ponte de Roma from Girl Charlee.


It still needs a little tweaking. We used the top of this dress...

and bottom of this one as the inspiration for the pattern,


The fabric is Laguna Cotton Stretch Jersey from Robert Kaufman.  It made one super comfortable dress. I wish it fit me. I might have to size it up and make a maternity version of this. :)

 The jersy has a bit less structure than the Ponte de Roma that we plan on using so it will be interesting to see how the next one turns out. 

 The waistline turned out a little big and the bodice was a little too long so I added a little casing for some elastic. It totally solved the problem I think.  I'm going to change the pattern a bit for our next try though.

I do have one request...will someone PLEASE tell me how to hem with a double needle so the fabric doesn't bump out between the stitch lines.

Other than the hemline, I love how this turned out! What do you think?

 Stay tuned for the next version.

2 comments:

  1. loosen the bobbin tension to prevent tunnelling of the double needle hem.

    ReplyDelete