My Sugar Blocks

Hi there sewing friends. At the beginning of the year I decided to try devote a little more time quilting and so I signed up for my friend Amy's Sugar Block Club at Stitchery Dickory Dock.  I figured it would be a great way to try out a variety of construction techniques and have a little fun at the same time.  So today I'm excited to share with you my first 2 blocks....
  January - Intention


February- Mercy



The fabric I am using for this challenge is a bundle of Mormor by Lotta Jansdotter that I picked up at Sample Spree last fall. It is just hitting stores this spring and you can find it here  if you like it. I added a couple of Kona solids to go with it.

I don't have a lot of confidence in how to put fabrics together in a quilt so this has been a good challenge for me and an interesting experiment. Also, along with each new block comes an enticing recipe to try and a personal challenge to consider. While I have to say it would be good for me to work a little harder on the personal challenges throughout, it has been refreshing to read and reflect on them as I sew.  I am anxious to see what all of them look like together. All in good time, right?

Thank you for a great Block of the Month Amy.  Looking forward to next month's assignment! 



No comments:

Post a Comment