Soccer Mom Meal Prep with Clean Eating Mom


Today we have a guest joining us for our Soccer Mom series! Clean Eating Mom is giving us her best meal planning tips and a recipe for delicious bean and rice burritos.
I'm so excited to welcome Laurel from Clean Eating Mom Laurel is amazing!   She's a nutrition coach that shares recipes and tips for healthy living on her Instagram page. I especially love her realistic, no nonsense approach. Go follow her for more great recipes and ideas!
Here's Laurel....

Soccer Mom Meal Prep with Clean Eating Mom

Thank You Sarah!  I have had so much fun following along!  Just like Sarah, I also have four kids.  Although my baby isn't involved in anything yet, the other three more than make up for it!  As I thought about what really helps us during the crazy time, I immediately went to Meal Prep!  Well fed kids = happy kids and there is no way we could get through games and practices by feeding children on the fly.  I have to prepare.  This includes making weekly meal plans, prepping snacks ahead of time, packing bags and keeping them in the freezer.  

I use my rice cooker, my crock pot, and freezer meals weekly.  Life savers, I tell you!


I'd love to share one of our favorite meals!  I do most of the prep during the day, when my one year old is napping.  Then, I can get dinner ready in less than 10 minutes when we are actually sitting down to eat.  10 MINUTES - that is faster than it takes to get my kids to set the table.

Bean and Rice Burritos:

Ingredients

  • 2 cups of cooked rice - I use a brown rice/quinoa mixture that I pre-cook in my rice cooker.
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
  •  1 can of green chiles
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 3 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 2 cans (15 oz. each) pinto beans, drained and rinsed 
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  •  1 can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • tortillas
  • Cheese

Directions

1.Heat oil over medium heat.  Add onion, garlic, green chilies, and cumin.  Cook until onions are soft, stirring occasionally.  Add tomato paste and cook for one more minute - stirring continually.

2.  Add one can of beans and mash gently in the pan - I use a fork and mash the heck out of it. Add the second can of beans and the water and stir to combine. After the mixture comes to a boil, turn the heat to medium and let it simmer for about 10 minutes - it will start to thicken up.  Stir it every now and then so it doesn't burn.  Add the corn and cook for 2 more minutes.  Add the garlic powder.  Turn off the heat and add the cooked rice.





4.  Fill up the burritos and wrap.  I have a son with a dairy allergy, so we leave out the cheese from the middle and sprinkle it on top.  I also have a daughter with a wheat allergy, so hers is put in a corn tortilla. 


These are done and can be quickly heated up when it is time to eat.  We serve it with salsa, avocado, and my oldest daughter likes sour cream.  Additionally, these may be frozen - I wrap them in tin foil individually and then put them in freezer bags.  Just pull them out of the freezer and heat!  I love having a stash of these in the freezer.  My husband also takes them to work.

Good luck to all of you soccer moms out there!  Please stop by Clean Eating Mom and say HI!


Thank you Laurel!  I cant wait to try this recipe. I'm always looking for a new meal to add to my standby list.  

Looking for more Tips tutorials?



No comments:

Post a Comment