Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gift Shop Travel Tissue Covers

 
Every year our elementary school has a Holiday gift shop for the kids to shop at.  They always ask for donations of items to sell.   This year I actually donated some handmade goodies. 
Travel tissue covers! 



 I made 26 of these babies and delivered them to school yesterday. They were so easy to sew up.  There are a lot of tutorials out there on how to make these.  I chose one from Melinda Quilts because it seemed least complicated.  I originally sewed one up using 1/4 in seam allowances and discovered it was a little too snug for the tissue pack.  So the rest I sewed up with a slightly smaller seam allowance.  It probably would have been better to cut the squares slightly bigger if I had it to do all over again.





And now goodbye November... Hello December!!  We have the house all decorated for Christmas and I'm stitching up a few handmade gifts you can't see until January.   I have high hopes of getting my letters and packages mailed soon so I can make a Christmas wreath for my door.  Oh I wish I could sew a couple of Christmas pillows as well, but there never seems to be time for sewing Christmas decor in December.  Maybe I'll plan better next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment