Accomplishing Things


 I actually turned on my sewing machine last week. With the tanks and summer vacations and such it has been 3 or 4 weeks since I used the thing.  I'm in cleaning house mode and I while I was going through things I found these ready-made quilts that I inherited from my friend Jamie's destashing a while ago.  


I knew of a girls who was having a baby that might like one, so I told her I'd bind them and send them along to a happy home.  This week was the week they got finished. 
 

I cut my binding strip at 2" for both of them and I realized that it is just a little too narrow to easily do the job.   


For the binding on the project I finished tonight, I cut my strips 2 1/2 in wide and it worked much better.  What was I making tonight, you may ask?  It's late here so the details of that project will have to wait for another day.  My sewing table has a few things lined up to be finished this week.  Life will be busy here though, so I'm not sure how much I'll accomplish.  Cross your fingers for me!

Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment