My Jewelry Organization

Hey there...I'm sorry to report that there is not much sewing going on over here lately.  I've recently become addicted to The Office.  The whole series is on Netflix right now and we are diligently blazing our way through every episode.  We are on #50 out of 114, or something like that.  I think I understand the word couch potato now.  Anyhow, I though this might be a good to time to show you my Jewelry Frame.   I made one that we use for our shows when my friends and I sell things at the farmer's markets, but this one is mine to keep.  Actually my sister whipped this up for me when she was visting a couple of months ago. Thank you Chel, I'm putting it to good use!



Here is my freshly dusted dresser.   I recently started wearing jewelry more and I have accumulated enough (mostly made by my Mom and Sister) that it was getting out of hand in my bathroom drawer.  This solves the problem and is a decorative piece in my room as well.  The Jewelry frame holds my earrings and necklaces and a 2-tier dessert server, that I inherited from my Grandma, holds my bracelets and flowers. Thanks for the great idea Maria.


I got the frame for $.99 at Goodwill...mainly because it was missing the glass...Score! I didn't need the glass anyway.   I found a roll of wire fencing at Home Depot. I think it cost $6 for about 6ft X 2 ft.



You just have to bend the wire sheeting straight, cut to the right size with wire cutters, and hot glue it into place.  As long as you encase the wire edge fully in hot glue, it holds really well.


I leaned mine up against the wall but you can just as easily hang it up..Just make sure you use a nail in each corner so that it hangs evenly with or without the weight of the jewelry.

Doesn't that just make you want to make one for yourself??
Go do it!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Susan,
    Thank you ever sooo much, this is exactly what I needed.
    I make jewellery myself, but as you could guess I do not have an organiser to those pieces that I actually wear.
    This is perfect and looks so cute, I will definitely make it soon.
    Let me know if you'd like to see how mine will look like.

    cheers,
    M

    ReplyDelete