I promised a picture of my new kitchen bench. I finished painting it last week just in time for company. It took 1 coat of primer, 3 coats of white latex paint, and 3 coats of Poly-crylic. The finish turned out perfectly...not sticky, like some other furniture I've painted. Anyway, here it is in all it's glory. I moved the table out of the way for viewing purposes.
Want to see how I made these petals?
I sewed a strip of 2" red fabric to a strip of 2 1/2 in teal fabric...
then folded it half and ran a gathering stitch on the bottom edge.
Then I cut it into 7 inch pieces and gathered them up and pinned them like so around a 12 in circle drawn on my pillow fabric.
Then I watched it grow...when I got closer to the center I cut the length to 6 inches for smaller petals.
And there you have it...
The finished dimensions of the pillow are 20" x 20". The petals took about 1 yard of fabric all together.
I'm linking this up to the Blogger's Pillow Party over at Stitched in Color. If you are in need of some pillow inspiration check it out.
Oh, one more thing...I'm super excited because Doug just ordered us a DSLR... I can't wait to be taking better pictures... Yahoo!!.