Friday, April 8, 2011

...A Happy Ending

I had such grand plans!!  I am sad to report that I recently started working on reupholstering the chair I found and in taking it apart I found that the insides were just too old and nasty to save.

So I had to chuck it. :(  To lift my spirits and to use up some of my yardage of the beautiful fabric that I had purchased, I decided to recover our piano bench. 

Here's the before...
It has been a few years since I last recovered it, and it is usually hauled into the kitchen for extra seating, so it was pretty mucked up.

Now it looks like this!!

I removed the red fabric and staples I had previously stapled on.  I cut a new piece and stapled it down pulling tight.  It's so easy and it took me less than an hour start to finish.


Here's the original top.  I just put the new fabric right over the top.

Here's a view of the corner, folded and tucked.


I love the little pop of color as I walk through the room...and I love a quick and easy project!

 

My sewing room has been quiet lately but it is about to kick it into gear as I have a long list of things to make before the end of the month.
Bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. I have this fabric and it looks way better on your piano bench than folded, waiting, on my shelf. Love it!

    ReplyDelete