Do you know how much linen costs??

I think it's been 4 weeks since my last post...is that possible?  I suppose that is a sure way to kill a blog.  But I'm here nevertheless, after a quick kitchen makeover which began with a leaky faucet changeout on Thanksgiving evening, and finished with  refinished cabinetsand and new countertop/sink etc!.  You can pop on over to my family blog if you want to see it.


Enough about that.  I've been wanting to show you this cute little family.

Do you know how much linen costs? $14.99 at JoAnn.  I went in to get some to finish up a bunch hats for Mary.  I luckily needed only 3 inches but the lady told me "well, if you want 4 inches I can give it to you for free 'cause that's our sample cut." Thank you I said...I didn't know they even gave you samples...what a great little tip!

Anyway, about the little family, it's a Little Nativity Playset made out of straight clothes pins.  I made up a bunch for the last Craft Fair, sold them all and got some orders for some more.  It's a hands on, touchable set for little ones to play with so they aren't as tempted to play with the breakable set. If you have any craftiness left in you at this time of the year it makes a great hostess gift.

Next year a may do a little "how to" on these but it is basically made up of Doll clothespins, fabric scraps, a wooden bead for baby Jesus' head, and a mini wreath stuffed with excelsior.

That's all for now! I've made a few gifts to send this year but didn't even take pictures of any of them, that's how my last month has gone.  Now for a little more family sewing if I can get to it.

Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

  1. i love those sarah!!!! i will def. have to make some of these for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this little nativity set! Too cute! I just came across your blog while searching for decorator fabric crafts & am following you now! (looking forward to this tutorial!)

    ReplyDelete