Tuesday, September 28, 2010
I got busy... Mini Messengers...Curtains
I finished a couple of bags this week.... Mini messenger style.
This one was my practice bag to get the sizing right for a custom order I had. I'm glad I made it because it I calculated it wrong and it turned out smaller than expected.
This one my friend asked me to make for her. I particularly like how the flower turned out though the picture doesn't really do it justice.
I also whipped out Luke's curtains over the last couple of nights. Yahoo!! I am super happy with them.
After making Meredith's curtains, I decided that 22 in panels were just not wide enough and since I had limited supply of this cute "Wheels" fabric I added a foot of brown micro-dot to the sides. I think it makes it look like there are 2 sets of panels up there. Out of necessity, for sleeping purposes, I lined these with blackout cloth again. This time I think I got it right. These panels hang much better than Mer's do. Without going into too much detail I basically ironed all my edges and then cut out the exact size of black out cloth to fit just inside all the seams.
Then I pinned it all securely and stitched it up. Here's what the finished back looks like.
Call me HAPPY!!